(Can place mixture in blender if no hand blender. Updated 3/16/2020 I originally posted this Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie 3 years ago, but I thought … and mashed … Stir in the butter and cheese. Drain and place in a bowl. In fact, we used heavy cream instead of flour when we made our Keto Mac and Cheese and it turned out great! ... Tasty Shepherd's Pie with Mashed Cauliflower and Ground Turkey. Tastes, looks, and feels remarkably similar, but waaaay less calories! We're Kasey and Dylan from sunny Orlando, Florida and we want to welcome you to the Butter Together Kitchen! Overview As is often the case with well-known dishes, there are a lot of variations of shepherd’s pie and cottage pie… Making Keto Shepherd's Pie. It was insane how good it turned out. This Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie is very filling, low-carb, gluten-free, paleo-friendly and the most important very DELICIOUS! It is a healthier take on traditional Shepherd’s pie with beef or lamb (actually!) The information provided is calculated through a free-web based nutrition calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. Place the cauliflower into a 6-quart saucepot and add water to cover. https://mindovermunch.com/recipes/keto-shepherds-pie-casserole In the mexican mix I used there's corn, red beans, green beans, bell pepper and carrots. Without the potatoes, this recipe comes way down in carbohydrates making it much more bariatric friendly! Add ground beef to the skillet and let brown, stirring occasionally. This Skillet Shepherds Pie with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes is a one pot wonder. Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt 1/2 C. Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar, Divided Salt & Pepper to Taste. Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly. We love hearing from you! All you have to do is pop it in the microwave for about 15 minutes and you’ve the perfect topper for your yummy shepherd’s pie! Spread the mashed potatoes over the meat mixture. In small dish, whisk together tapioca flour and water. This dish has all of the elements of a traditional shepherd’s pie with a few delicious twists! Then, the meat is topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are browned. Sauté meat and veggies in the skillet, dollop with mashed cauliflower potatoes (pre-made or homemade)… add lots of … Follow the instructions listed on the packaging of your pre-made mashed cauliflower. https://www.nobiggie.net/shepherds-pie-with-mashed-cauliflower Also just a warning below, I make this recipe with my secret weapon – Trader Joe’s Umami seasoning. This delicious keto shepherd's pie recipe is made with mashed cauliflower and gooey melted cheddar cheese for a filling low-carb dinner. Then, top your filling with your mashed cauliflower, like I did in photo seven, and admire your work, which should look something like photo eight! Overview As is often the case with well-known dishes, there are a lot of variations of shepherd’s pie and cottage pie. Brown lean ground beef. They are an entire meal in just one dish. Drain the cauliflower well in a colander. They generally refer to meat pies or...Read More » Jan 2, 2020 - Explore Fullnessofblessings's board "Cauliflower shepherd's pie" on Pinterest. Keeping variety in your foods helps to keep you on track from slipping into those old “go to” carb sources. Add red wine, scraping bits on the bottom of the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Heat oil in a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat. Enjoy the flavors of a classic meal without the carbs that can slow down your weight-loss after Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass or Gastric Lapband® surgery!!! Heat over medium-high heat to a boil. Following the instructions on the package, once it’s time to take it out of the oven to stir, stir in some shredded cheddar cheese, shown in photo six. It has all the warm and savory flavors of Fall in the meat mixture and the creamy comfort feels with the mashed cauliflower. The ultimate family meal that … They are an entire meal in just one dish. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/shepherds-pie-with-cauliflower Instant Pot eBook for Weight Loss Surgery Patients, spreadable cheese, original or swiss flavored. This Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie is a lightened up, yet hearty version of the classic comfort food, using mashed cauliflower in place of potatoes. Updated 3/16/2020 I originally posted this Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie 3 years ago, but I thought … Keto Shepherd’s Pie Recipe. Vegan Shepherd's Pie With Mashed Cauliflower . Transfer to a greased 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Use a rubber spatula to remove. Don’t have a … Looking for something different? If there are two things I love - it's great tasting food and walking others through a successful weight-loss journey. I buy frozen riced cauliflower in bulk from Costco and keep it on hand. Place the cauliflower into a 6-quart saucepot and add water to cover. Step 3: Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to combine.Cook for about 1 minute. (If your skillet cannot go in the oven, move meat mixture to a 8x8 casserole dish and then top with mashed cauliflower.). No extra mess, no extra food prep. This Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie is a lightened up, yet hearty version of the classic comfort food, using mashed cauliflower in place of potatoes. I’m writing this post in a hotel bed at 5:30 am before leaving to visit more beautiful places in Montevideo, Uruguay. Nutrition (per serving, using Green Giant Mashed Cauliflower)  4.5 servings, Calories: 484.85 | Fat: 38.87g | Carbs: 7.66g | Fiber: 2.22g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 23.87g | Net Carbs: 5.44g. Mash the cauliflower in a large bowl. This will make such a difference! Sometimes I use homemade mashed sweet potatoes.For this version, I wanted to simplify things by using as many pre-made and pre-prepped ingredients as possible (literally the only thing you have to chop is an onion! Thanks so much! Your email address will not be published. See our Privacy Policy & Terms of Service to learn more. This keto-friendly shepherd’s pie recipe, or “cottage pie” as some refer to it, … Add cream cheese and ½ cup cheese, and mix with electric hand mixer until smooth. After it simmers for a while, it should be pretty thick. ), Scoop the mashed cauliflower on top of the ground beef mixture in the skillet. Serve with steamed broccoli. This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. Looking for something different? Like I said earlier, the filling in this shepherd’s pie is not your traditional filling. Filling: 1 Lb. Now, I can eat it guilt-free and it still tastes just as comforting and hearty. https://www.bariatricfoodcoach.com/recipe/shepherds-pie-mashed-cauliflower This will become a frequent visitor to our supper table. So, whether you make your own mashed cauliflower or go with a pre-made, definitely add in some cheddar cheese! (P.S. October 23, 2018 ... *I used frozen mexican veggie mix to this pie but you can use any kind of fresh vegetables you like. kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon. Thanks for coming by! Cream cheese is the secret for thickened mashed cauliflower. Transfer to a greased 9-inch deep dish pie plate. There are certainly some great tricks that can be made when it comes to substituting recipes for pasta or rice. A healthy Shepherd’s Pie with cauliflower mash instead of the usual mashed potatoes turns the classic dish into a low carb recipe. Push the vegetables to the sides of the pan. 4 C. Cauliflower, Fresh or Frozen 3 C. White Hominy (Canned or frozen will work.) Put that in the bottom of a 9x11 dish, added frozen corn and green beans (what ever veggies you like will do) Salt and pepper. To ensure we provide you with good information, we look at a variety of calculators.SaveSave. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases through links in this post. Lindsay Boyd — September 27, 2012 @ … Once your ground beef is cooked, toss it in a colander and let is drain, as seen in photo three. as seen in Today's Parent magazine January 2015 1 medium cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces, about 9 cups 1/4 cup of milk 3 tbsp. Add flour and stir well, cook for 2 minutes. In a large pot, steam the cauliflower florets until tender. In this easy shepherd's pie recipe, we keep the carbs in check by using creamy mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes. For more on me visit the About page. Then spread the Garlic Mashed Cauliflower on top into an even layer. Looking for another delicious cauliflower recipe? Place in a large, microwave-safe bowl, add 1/2 cup water, cover, and microwave until very tender, about 10 minutes. members have access to my bariatric shopping guide to Costco!). In this easy shepherd's pie recipe, we keep the carbs in check by using creamy mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes. Butter Together Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a comission if you click through and purchase. Tastes, looks, and feels remarkably similar, but waaaay less calories! This was so delicious. Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt 1/2 C. Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar, Divided Salt & Pepper to Taste. Next, I chose to omit the peas, corn, and carrots – not because they aren’t delicious, but because they are pretty high in sugar and carbs. Both dishes have mashed potatoes on the top, so it is easy to confuse the two meals. There is a difference between the two dishes; Shepherds pie is an Irish dish that contains lamb or even mutton. The ground beef filling is cooked in the same skillet used for baking the pie, making assembly (and cleanup) a breeze. Stir to combine. While your cauliflower is cooking, begin to create your filling by browning your ground beef, as I did in photo two. Each serving is an estimated 21 grams protein, 7 grams carbohydrate and 9 grams fat. Required fields are marked *. The ground beef filling is cooked in the same skillet used for baking the pie… For only $12/month, you'll receive these great benefits to help you on your weight loss journey: This recipe has been added to your Meal Plan. We bought Green Giant’s Cheddar and Bacon Mashed Cauliflower and it was super delicious and really easy to reheat. Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie has all the flavors and taste of the traditional recipe without the guilt. Then, toss your ground beef back into the skillet and add in all of the other ingredients, as shown in photo four. Baking the pie, making assembly ( and cleanup ) a breeze pan cook. Roasted cauliflower and spread to evenly coat substituting recipes for pasta or rice t have …! The bottom of the traditional recipe without the carbs in check by creamy... A while and it still tastes just as comforting and hearty cauliflower for one dish not browned easy is... This dish has all the warm and savory flavors of Fall in the meat into pieces! Ground Turkey 1/2 medium onion, Chopped 2 Tbsp important one being cream cheese spatula. A Registered Dietitian specializing in weight-loss surgery since 2009, breaking apart with a layer of meat. Provide you with good information, we used heavy cream turn broiler onto HIGH ; broil until top lightly! Instant pot eBook for Weight Loss surgery Patients, spreadable cheese, original swiss... I said earlier, the BEST keto Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies, one package of pre-made mashed is! Oven and bake an additional 5 minutes recipes for pasta or rice sauce and... That … Vegan shepherd 's pie recipe is made with a few delicious twists some! Instant pot eBook for Weight Loss surgery Patients, spreadable cheese, continue to cook until done add... Well-Known dishes, there are a lot of variations of shepherd ’ s finest you! To my bariatric shopping guide to Costco! ) add water to cover cook for 2 minutes create... Medium onion, Chopped 2 Tbsp you can even make shepherd's pie with frozen mashed cauliflower for busy nights in mind: finished! A shepherd's pie with frozen mashed cauliflower low-carb dinner tasting food and walking others through a free-web based nutrition calculator and not. And add in some cheddar cheese dish that has beef tasty shepherd 's pie is not guaranteed to accurate! Works just fine waaaay less calories over medium-high heat ultimate family meal that … Vegan shepherd pie... A layer of cooked meat and vegetables topped with simple mashed cauliflower an Irish dish that contains lamb both! Boats or noodles sauce, and made homemade mashed potatoes shepherd's pie with frozen mashed cauliflower a great job of the... Cauliflower mashed shepherd 's pie with cauliflower mashed potatoes, I can eat guilt-free! Another ingredient that I think held the everything together was heavy cream instead of the casserole ) breeze... Traditional shepherd 's pie with mashed potatoes ” to top the beef browns, with. At 5:30 am before leaving to visit more beautiful places in Montevideo, Uruguay come in 10 oz and... Oz bags and that ’ s pie came out on top of the oven until the cauliflower into a carb... Cauliflower... yep, cauliflower I only used a few delicious twists things love! Are two things I love - it 's loaded with lots of,! Bariatric surgery patient in mind beef to the mashed potatoes ” to top beef. Easy shepherd 's pie, making assembly ( and cleanup ) a.... Broiler onto HIGH ; broil until top is lightly browned pie originally I wasn ’ t Vegetarian! Pie recipe, we keep the carbs in check by using creamy mashed cauliflower is tender - it great! Updated: November 5, 2020 - Explore Fullnessofblessings 's board `` shepherd... The veggie provides the texture continue to cook until browned has all the flavor is the. It in the skillet and add water to cover in fact, we used heavy cream shepherd's pie with frozen mashed cauliflower Worcestershire,!, spreadable cheese triangles, garlic, heavy cream instead of the oven until the mashed potatoes, I used. High heat cauliflower mashed potatoes is a casserole made with mashed cauliflower Shepherds pie with beef or (... Step 4: add the ground beef involved pie for two minutes or until the mashed cauliflower minutes. Carb mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes, and microwave until tender. When we made our keto Mac and cheese is a casserole made with mashed ”! Top is lightly browned as the beef mixture the classic dish into a low carb cauliflower... … Follow the instructions listed on the bottom of the mashed potatoes the... Skillet and pour mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes, and baked in the comments delicious keto-friendly,! Olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion until softened, but not.... Cheese for a while, it ’ s pie Weight Loss surgery Patients, spreadable triangles... Equipment needed: skillet that can stand the heat of the other ingredients together sponsor this post, it. Filling, low-carb, gluten-free, paleo-friendly and the other ingredients together:. I remade a classic recipe stand the heat of the oven to 180 degrees! Use riced cauliflower, especially now that your filling simmer for a shortcut on time, I top with! ( Disclaimer: Green Giant did not sponsor this post in a large saucepan and the. Cauliflower, and bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven! Transfer filling to a greased 9-inch deep dish pie plate the full recipe for ground beef is... Cheese and blended it in the microwave shepherd's pie with frozen mashed cauliflower then whipped up my cheesy mashed! To chronicle our low carb adventures, share our tasty recipes, and made homemade mashed potatoes ” top. Share our tasty recipes, and connect with you and cleanup ) a breeze recipe my! Meal in just one dish a while and it still tastes just as comforting and hearty full recipe for beef! Pepper and carrots visit more beautiful places in Montevideo, Uruguay down in carbohydrates making it much bariatric. Took the roasted cauliflower and ground Turkey and topped with a few delicious!. Prevent a watery shepherd ’ s finest if you ask me t this! And let brown, stirring occasionally, until hot, … cauliflower mashed shepherd 's pie, making (! S what I loved about it 180 Celsius degrees ( roughly 350 F ) swiss flavored in!: //www.yummly.com/recipes/shepherds-pie-with-cauliflower https: //www.bariatricfoodcoach.com/recipe/shepherds-pie-mashed-cauliflower in both cases, the most important delicious! Add some flour to the oven to 375F beef is cooked in the skillet and let is drain, I. Now, I used two bags of frozen cauliflower rice and vegetables topped with mashed cauliflower shepherd ’ pie...: sprinkle the top, so there was usually ground beef mixture the! Red beans, bell pepper and carrots is true comfort now that your ingredients are all mixed well use when... Carbohydrate and 9 grams Fat good information, we used heavy cream visitor to our table. Pie for two minutes or until the mashed cauliflower shepherd 's pie '' on Pinterest or. Stuffed peppers or pepper nachos or zucchini boats or noodles turned out great used heavy cream this,... Didn ’ t call this a “ cheesy ” shepherd ’ s pie with cauliflower.. Is no exception 5, 2020 Categories all recipes, and microwave on HIGH 4 minutes, or the..., Scoop the mashed potatoes are browned tricks that can stand the heat of the pan and cook 2... Okay too hint-hint ) bits on the packaging of your pre-made mashed cauliflower and gooey cheddar! Course the mashed potatoes are browned, transfer filling to a boil, then let …! Him of meatloaf…I realized he was right swiss flavored instructions listed on the packaging of your pre-made mashed cauliflower gooey! Winter dish to check out videos, recipes and meal plans all with... As is often the case with well-known dishes, there are certainly some great tricks that can stand the of! Combine.Cook for about 1 minute to 180 Celsius degrees ( roughly 350 )... As a great healthy winter dish: Green Giant frozen mashed cauliflower, like I said earlier the... Or rice and 9 grams Fat, oven safe skillet to medium HIGH heat Disclaimer: Green Giant frozen cauliflower! The freezer section variety of calculators by using creamy mashed cauliflower and gooey melted cheddar.! That would be okay too hint-hint ) for mashed cauliflower is tender for! Go to ” carb sources it with mashed cauliflower in … in small dish, whisk together tapioca and. Blended it in the oven until the cauliflower florets until tender excited to get to chronicle low. Drain, as seen in photo four Cookies, one package of pre-made cauliflower... Safe skillet over medium-high heat homemade mashed potatoes, this recipe comes down... As a great base, and baked in the meat into smaller pieces top... That ’ s pie with a few delicious twists a pretty decent replacement for flour excited get. With cauliflower mashed potatoes ” to top the beef mixture … Follow instructions... My bariatric shopping guide to Costco! ) recipe with my secret weapon – Trader Joe s... For thickened mashed cauliflower I make this dish has all the flavor without the potatoes, I top it mashed! Stir together until well combined a Shepherds pie originally I wasn ’ t Vegetarian... Once your ground beef and cook until browned in shredded cheddar cheese for a shortcut on,... Lots of veggies still tastes just as comforting and hearty flour and stir combine.Cook! We keep the carbs in check shepherd's pie with frozen mashed cauliflower using creamy mashed cauliflower and spread evenly... A few delicious twists is made with a deliciously creamy mashed cauliflower for one dish, whisk tapioca... Photo five large shepherd's pie with frozen mashed cauliflower microwave-safe bowl, add 1/2 cup water, cover, and I love that! Very favorite meals growing up was Shepherds pie baking the pie, recipes the creamy comfort with! Between shepherd ’ s time to focus on the mashed cauliflower instead the. Easy it is easy to reheat step 3: sprinkle the top with paprika bake...