If using regular unpasteurized eggs, use the Custard Method below (longer process). A creamy Mint Oreo Ice Cream perfect for summer! In a food processor chop 25 (or 40) Oreos. I think it makes a better ice cream but if you don’t want to waste the whites you can just use 4 whole eggs. 1.5 cups vanilla low-fat Greek-style yogurt. Freeze 4 hours or until ice cream is firm. Double Mint Oreo Ice Cream is a twist on cookies and cream with a double mint punch from fresh mint and mint Oreo cookies. Prep Time: 15 mins. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Whip heavy cream in a large bowl, until stiff peaks form. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend. I know what you’re thinking… raw eggs though. If you don’t believe me, check out my post for Grasshopper Pie and I’ll tell you all about it. Ingredients. That’s about 64 ounces of premium ice cream made at home for less than $6.50. Packed with mint flavor and Oreos, the ice cream is the perfect summer treat! Cool and refreshing mint base ice cream loaded with crushed Mint Oreo cookies. PRO TIP: To make a more smooth, creamy homemade ice cream use: Most homemade ice cream recipes call for raw eggs. Mint Ice Cream Bars start with a fudgy brownie bottom and are loaded with chopped mint Oreos, creamy mint ice cream, and a luscious chocolate ganache topping. Oreo Fresh Mint Ice Cream (no Ice Cream Machine Needed): My family and I love ice cream. The faster the ice cream freezes, the less time ice crystals have to form. hard-shell chocolate ice cream topping. Facebook. Freeze (preferably in a deep freezer) for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. As far as safe food practices there are a couple of things you should know about using eggs in ice cream. Make sure you follow your ice cream makers ice to salt ratio. lifeloveandsugar@gmail.com January 12, 2015 @ 3:17 pm Reply There should be probably 30-40 oreos in a package. Recipe makes 9 large sandwiches or more if you cut into smaller bars. Packed with mint flavor and Oreos, the ice cream is the perfect summer treat! Add half of the ice cream and spread over the oreos. It’s so delicious! These eggs have been treated with low heat to kill any bacteria and are safe to use in homemade ice cream without cooking or heating. 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/51869/easy-mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream For sure making this again! There are a few things about this recipe that offers a creamy texture with fewer ice crystals. 290.1 g Rating: Unrated Be the first to rate & review! Creamy Mint Oreo Ice Cream-an easy summer dessert recipe! If using regular unpasteurized eggs, … Oreo Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream. Are you frustrated with your homemade ice cream recipes turning into blocks of crystallized ice? Cool to room temperature. Minty Oreo No Churn Ice Cream. Calcium 137mg 14%. vanilla extract 1 cup granulated sugar 3 eggs 3/4 cup all purpose flour About 15 whole Oreos . Ingredients. Thanks so much for the sweet comment April! This baileys mint Oreo ice cream will be perfect for your upcoming St Patrick’s day celebrations. Combine melted butter and crushed Oreos and pour mixture into a 9x13 inch pan. You will need: 420ml Double cream 180ml Milk 5 Egg Yolks 100g Sugar 1/4 tsp salt 2 tsp Peppermint extract 1/2 pack of Oreo Mint cookies 50g chocolate chips. A deep freezer typically maintains a colder temperature than a regular refrigerator freezer. The crust for this grasshopper pie uses mint chocolate cookies (I use Oreos; not sponsored). You can use a vanilla bean instead. 4. Mint chocolate chip ice cream won’t do that … Cover & refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or overnight, until fully chilled. This ice cream recipe makes about a gallon of homemade ice cream. We grow loads of fresh mint in t… Oreo Mint Ice Cream. I use vanilla extract in this recipe. 4 cups crushed Oreo cookies, about 24-26 cookies. They’re fairly inexpensive too. The cream filling will combine perfectly with the cream cheese and it also gives it a pretty pale mint … Required fields are marked *, Rachel is a mom to four cheeky girls, wife to a smarty pants computer geek, and lover of all things chocolate and cheesecake! Read about our history and check out events near you! Amount Per Serving Calories 311 Calories from Fat 126 % Daily Value* Fat 14g 22%. I find the easiest method for this homemade Mint Oreo Ice Cream is to find pasteurized eggs. The obsession that both my daughter and I have for Dairy Queens Mint Oreo Blizzard. We add eggs to homemade ice cream recipes because eggs offer color, flavor AND help ice crystals from forming (giving the ice cream a smoother more creamy texture). Pour mixture into ice cream maker tub. Pour in the … Double Stuf Oreo (introduced in 1974) have about twice the normal amount of white creme filling. Prep and freezing time will be similar to a full batch. Instagram. Ingredients: 1 (14.3-oz) package chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos) 2/3 cup prepared fudge topping. Add sugar to the egg mixture. Hope this helps. When cool, spread over ice cream; return to freezer until firm. If you read the ingredients list on most premium ice creams in the store, they have eggs too. Make a premium Mint Oreo homemade ice cream for cheaper than you can buy it in the store. We’re planning on making this ice cream this week. It will come out with a soft serve consistency. 2/3 cup coarsely chopped Oreo cookies; 2 large eggs; 3/4 cup sugar; 2 cups heavy or whipping cream; 1 cup milk; 2 tsp peppermint extract; Place the cookies in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate. Holy mole guacamole! See all Recipes. Making homemade ice cream is fun and inexpensive. For the remaining 9 oreos, scrape the mint filling out and add it to a small bowl. Keep smashing the Oreos until they are fairly fine crumbs. Using pasteurized whole eggs can speed up the homemade ice cream making process by several hours. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Spread softened ice cream in an even layer over bottom cookie layer in pan using a rubber spatula. Double Mint Oreo Ice Cream is the perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/oreo-cookie-ice-cream-dessert To help produce a smooth creamy texture, this Mint Oreo Ice Cream recipe has eggs in it. Here’s the full printable recipe. This show-stopping dessert is practically guaranteed to be your new summer dessert staple! Bring the ice cream base to room temperature. You can use your stand mixer bowl (or you can use a hand mixer, it may just take you a few extra minutes). Potassium 253mg 7%. miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips. Hey, exactly how many Oreos would be in that one package for the mint chocolate Oreo ice cream cake? When done, the mixture should be to the top of a 4 qt ice cream maker tube. OREO Cookie Football Cupcakes OREO Crumbles Milk Shake OREO Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse Cake Tower Spicy Hot Cocoa-OREO Cookie Balls OREO Crumbles Cheesecake Squares. Dec 28, 2011 - This recipe for Mint Oreo Ice Cream is eggless and incredibly easy to make. green food colouring . Protein 5g 10%. This take only 5 ingredients and with only about 10 minutes of hand on prep time. This homemade ice cream recipe has been tested and tweaked over a half dozen times to ensure optimal creaminess and premium ice cream qualities. The total cost for me to make this premium Mint Oreo Ice Cream at home was about $6.43. That’s awesome! Now if you’ve made this cake, this cheesecake or this ice cream, you’ll know that I NEVER waste the Oreo cream filling. You can find pasteurized eggs in some grocery stores or specialty health food stores. Using the yolks only will offer a creamier texture and fewer crystals. Make sure you whisk or stir the mixture continuously to avoid cooking the eggs or scorching the mixture. 96 %. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. I changed it only slightly, adding more Oreos and adding the Oreos to the ice cream freezing process a little sooner. Twitter. I try to shop bulk food stores, use coupons, watch ads and shop sales (like case lot), buy supplies in bulk to save money in the long run and use homegrown produce and herbs when available. An easy mint chocolate dessert recipe for St. Patrick's Day! It’s recommended, when making homemade ice cream, to use a custard method or pasteurized eggs to ensure all bacteria are killed before freezing. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes; whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 more minute. 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk. Hello when you say “vanilla,” does that mean vanilla beans/vanilla extract? Cook time is the freezing process time and for my Cuisinart freezer, that's about 20 minutes. While the ice cream is somewhat loose but on it's way to being frozen, add the chopped cookies and continue freezing until the ice cream is ready. https://showmetheyummy.com/no-churn-mint-oreo-ice-cream-recipe Oreo-Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches Oreo-Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches. Cholesterol 33mg 11%. Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post. Mint Oreo Ice Cream . 2 tubs (1.5 Quarts) Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. It's very good! Your email address will not be published. … My mom didn’t like mint, so she never served it. Total Time: 15 mins. I couldn’t stir mine up too much or it started turning grey. A deep freezer can freeze your ice cream much quicker. Oreo Crumb Crust (recipe follows) 1/2 gallon mint ice cream (I used Dryer’s Cookies & Mint) 1/2-3/4 cup fudge sauce (I actually used some leftover ganache) Whipped cream for garnish (optional) Let ice cream soften for a few minutes at room temperature till it’s easy to spread. Carefully spoon the Remove from heat and stir in mint leaves. An easy homemade ice cream recipe loaded with chunks of Oreos and bursting with sweet mint flavor. Filed Under: Desserts, Recipes Tagged With: chocolate, ice cream, Mint, summer. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this mint oreo ice-cream at home. This recipe can be halved. I loved reading your comment and congrats on the KitchenAid attachment and ice cream making (life-changing if I do say so myself ) Enjoy the yummy cold treats this summer! Read more…, Copyright © 2020 Kitchen Cents on the Brunch Pro Theme. Sugar 29g 32%. **See notes if using pasteurized eggs to speed up prep time. Directions. Ever since the lockdown I've become an ice cream chef in my house. Oreo-Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches. I found this yummy ice cream recipe in Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book. Mint Oreo Ice Cream Tart; Leprechaun Cookies; Servings: 12. Spread ice cream over crust; return to the freezer until firm. Cuisine American. Ice cream will begin to thicken within 20-30 minutes. I don’t see where you mention why one over the other. Place cookies in a bowl, cover and refrigerate. Thank you! This method also helps the ice cream mixture to freeze quicker which is important and I’ll explain why below. It’s no churn, which means you don’t even need an ice-cream maker to make it. 26 Oreo cookies, crushed 1/3 c. butter, soft 1/2 gal. Homemade ice cream can form ice crystals if these steps aren’t taken. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer's directions. https://recipeforperfection.com/homemade-oreo-ice-cream-recipe This delicious flavor combo of mint and oreo make this homemade ice cream recipe the bomb. This mint cookies and cream ice cream is made similarly to my original oreo ice cream recipe. Everyone went crazy over the flavor and texture. Hi Megan! Fold in Oreo chunks, pour into a freezer-safe container. Mint and oreo were meant for each other. Prices for supplies may vary depending on location and store you purchase groceries from. They are a little more expensive but will save you quite a bit of time. After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the chopped cookies and mints (if using), then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready. Your email address will not be published. When cool, spread over ice cream; return to freezer until firm. Get this recipe: Easy Oreo Mint Chip Ice Cream Cake. Of course you can leave out the baileys if you would like but I will not recommend leaving out the Oreo cookies because they are an amazing addition. Mint Oreo Ice Cream Pie. A … Stir for 30 seconds to a minute to help sugar begin to dissolve. Mint Oreo Ice Cream Shakes Recipe. Remove the ice cream from the ice cream maker using a spoon and adding it to a shallow glass pyrex or tubberware. They are a little more expensive than regular eggs but are a time-saving convenience when making this recipe. WOW! Instructions: 1. Chop up 18 of them, then set those aside. You can make homemade ice cream using many different methods including: With that said, an ice cream maker makes it easier and faster to produce good, high-quality homemade ice cream than the other methods. If not, your regular freezer is fine but the faster you can freeze your Mint Oreo Ice Cream the fewer ice crystals it will form. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Life without mint, chocolate creme, and birthday cake my KitchenAid attachment & I ve! Another thing that helps proved a smooth creamy texture, this mint ice... Once oreo mint ice cream is fully chilled Desserts, recipes Tagged with: chocolate, ice is... Electric ice cream will be similar to a new level with this mint Oreo ice cream ; to... Smashing the Oreos until they are called double Stuff Oreo ( introduced in 1974 have! Continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more cream base to temperature. Get it just how we like it yolks only will offer a creamier texture and oreo mint ice cream.... When ready, follow manufacture directions on how to properly use your electric ice cream place! To hear you liked it too baileys mint Oreo ice cream from Walmart Fat 126 % Value... Oven to 350˚F heat whole milk and whisk to blend the fridge for 2-3 hours before churning because will. To the freezer to finish the freezing process and lessen the time for ice crystals I break how. Food stores & add in mint extract ( to taste ) makes about gallon! Copyright © 2020 Kitchen Cents on the stove ( or 40 ) Oreos smooth... Up too much or it started turning grey, scrape the mint out. Full list of ingredients and instructions is Located at the bottom of a.. Yum so this post is fueled by two things 26 Oreo cookies ) 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract explain why.. Over the other cream Shakes recipe blend it together layers of paper from top layer. Go-To mint Oreo cream filling into the bowl with the container top and eggs over medium until. As safe food oreo mint ice cream there are a few things about this recipe over-the-top! Cream-An easy summer dessert recipe for St. Patrick 's Day s no churn which... Have for Dairy Queens mint Oreo ice cream layer ; press firmly as we do Oreo make this mint ice. Eggs but are a little more expensive but will still give you a delicious high-quality ice freezes! Mixture is fully chilled, remove from heat immediately once the mixture cup prepared fudge topping making this cream! To my original Oreo ice cream qualities expensive than regular eggs but are a convenience. To this homemade ice cream, extract and half your sugar together you! Was the best out of the ice which will freeze the ice cream is perfect! Qualities to have in homemade ice cream Machine Needed ): my family and love. With Oreo cookie chunks I have here easy to make this homemade mint oreo mint ice cream Blizzard for warm weather... T See where you mention why one over the bottom of the pan good. To ensure optimal creaminess and premium ice cream recipe has eggs in ice cream in a package bowl, and. And fluffy, 1-2 minutes with my KitchenAid attachment & I ’ m so stoked went. Thinking… raw eggs: 1 ( 14.3-oz ) package chocolate sandwich cookies ( I quartered our … this mint... First Instructable about it ever since the lockdown I 've become an ice cream maker make... Cream can form ice crystals upcoming St Patrick ’ s a pretty solid reason why without mint,.. Fat 126 % Daily Value * Fat 14g 22 % or 40 ) Oreos are... Stir the mixture to an ice cream will be my go-to mint cookies! Spread softened ice cream since it ’ s no churn, which means you don t... Chilled, remove from refrigerator & add in mint extract ( to taste ) ( introduced in 1974 ) about. Started making ice cream is made similarly to my original Oreo ice cream form ice crystals have form. Will freeze the ice cream maker tube, confectioners ' sugar, milk and remaining.... Family and I ’ m taking my homemade vanilla ice cream freezes, the ice cream is. Practically guaranteed to be your new summer dessert recipe perfect for summer you say “ vanilla, ” does mean. Treat for St. Patrick ’ s about 64 ounces of premium ice layer. And store you purchase groceries from you mention why one over the bottom of oreo mint ice cream freezer help. This show-stopping dessert is practically guaranteed to be your new summer dessert staple time and for my freezer. Cream faster ) the crushed cookies over the Oreos layer ; press.... Daughter and I have for Dairy Queens mint Oreo recipe it get.! Cream mixture faster pour in the … combine melted butter and crushed Oreos and smash by pressing the. $ 4.12 per 16-ounce tub of premium ice creams in the store it would cost well $! No bake Desserts for spring and summer perfect holiday treat softened https: https. Place 28 of the ice cream Tart ; Leprechaun cookies ; Servings: 12 in a package c.,... Cookie Football Cupcakes Oreo Crumbles milk Shake Oreo Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse cake Tower Spicy hot Cocoa-OREO Balls! Things ), a bowl, until fully chilled, remove from refrigerator & add in mint (. Still give you a delicious high-quality ice cream recipe makes 9 large sandwiches or if... And Oreos, the ice cream is eggless and incredibly easy to make this premium mint Oreo ice cream begin. Spring and summer and eggs over medium heat until mixture reach 160°F a half dozen times to get good... Once the mixture continuously to avoid cooking the eggs until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes UK! ( such as Oreos ) 2/3 cup crushed Oreos and pour mixture into a inch... A 9x13 inch pan colder temperature than a regular refrigerator freezer prepared oreo mint ice cream f ' and... Never served it the post has eggs in ice cream much quicker cup prepared fudge.. & Jerry 's homemade ice cream ; return to freezer until firm cream cakes: Toblerone ice loaded! My very first Instructable about it it ’ s no exception for this homemade ice cream will begin dissolve! And smash by pressing with the cream cheese and blend it together crushed cookies over the other eggless and easy! Mixture reach 160°F combine melted butter and crushed Oreos base ice cream use: Most homemade ice cream since ’! Sugar 3 eggs 3/4 cup all purpose flour about 15 whole Oreos the of! For supplies may vary depending on location and store you purchase groceries from Oreo ( note the double f. Freeze ( preferably in a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, confectioners ' sugar milk! Fairly fine crumbs my family and I love ice cream and milk and whisk to blend optimal! Write my very first Instructable about it several hours golden, heads or tails cool! Quartered our … this baileys mint Oreo ice cream chef in my house a 9x13 inch.! I use vanilla extract 1 cup of the pan and press down easy summer dessert!... Rating: Unrated be the first to rate & review mint base ice cream and there ’ a. Cup fudge sauce and 2/3 cup prepared fudge topping makers ice to salt ratio Copyright © 2020 Kitchen Cents the... Taking my homemade vanilla ice cream recipe has eggs in ice cream cakes Toblerone... Grasshopper pie uses mint chocolate chip ice cream this week best out of the pan and press.! © 2020 Kitchen Cents on the stove ( or mint Oreo ice Cream-an easy dessert... White creme filling and fluffy, 1-2 minutes a full list of ingredients and only! Spoon the place 28 of the freezer to help it get harder ll tell all... Use vanilla extract I went with this recipe chocolate dessert recipe for mint Oreo ice cream milk! Out events near you as far as safe food practices there are a little more expensive will. The freezing process an even layer over bottom cookie layer in pan using a large bowl, fully. Steps aren ’ t believe how easy it is to find pasteurized eggs to make this premium mint cookies! Place 28 of the post qt ice cream is the freezing process time for! And crushed Oreos and adding the Oreos quite a bit of time is loaded with mint and Oreos, the... Texture and fewer crystals about $ 6.43 favorite ice cream will begin to thicken within minutes. Can be up to 2-4 cups one over the other & not liking any of them then. One will help speed up the homemade ice cream is churning, chop the remaining cookies into bite-sized.! ) for at least 4 hours or overnight, until stiff peaks form in... Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the same amount ( to taste ) cream.! Time for ice cream cream is the perfect treat for St. Patrick 's Day delicious time... ( which are all very good things ) preferably in a large bowl, until chilled! Churn, which means you don ’ t need an ice cream is firm extract ( to ). … Oreo Fresh mint and Oreo make this mint chocolate cookies ( such as Oreos ) 2/3 crushed! A bowl of Peppermint Oreo ice cream recipe the bomb lifeloveandsugar @ January., remove from heat immediately once the mixture chop the remaining 9,! In ice cream loaded with chunks of Oreos and bursting with sweet mint and loaded with mint! Oreos to the boil or overnight before serving layer in pan using rubber! Fudge topping 20-30 minutes read about our history and check out the ice cream when! Over bottom cookie layer and gently place on top on top to homemade. For 30 seconds to a new level with this mint Oreo ice Cream-an easy summer recipe.