Get access to all premium Joomla templates and next generation page builder Quix. Suggested markup for translations. My advice though is that if you need to build a really good and efficient website - on whatever platform/CMS- you always need to hire an expert, to have it done right. I like to start my articles with the conclusion – saves you time: Dreamweaver is not relevant in modern web design. SQL Injection Attacks: So Old, but Still So Relevant. Since the beginning of Joomla era, it is considered to be a prime choice for many developers as well as business website owners. I don't find it anymore but I saw an article speaking of page generation speed being an issue for people making edits. Content Management 5. Search statistics don’t lie, and market share has been given up left and right to old and new competitors. name and logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries. If I’m about to build a website, is Joomla still relevant in the midst of WordPress-based websites? Just don’t expect to be blown away by a new feature in the next few years. While not as simple and easy to use as WordPress, Joomla has the upper hand in several areas. project Joomla! with technology changing all the time, the answer to that question might change every year. Robert Long on March 17, 2017 at 10:37 AM. is one of the most powerful Open Source Content Management Systems on the planet. Just like it was in 2019 and 2018. Eric Nicholls raised the question on Quora. Project or Open Source Matters. With 2.7 percent of the Web running on Joomla, the software is used by individuals, small & medium-sized businesses, and large organizations worldwide to easily create & build a variety of websites & web-enabled applications. Pros: Joomla is a Content Management System (CMS) that can be used to build websites.The things I like about Joomla are: 1. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Joomla is a very popular Content Management System (CMS) that provide the best of both worlds i.e. Joomla continues to support its client base with consistent updates and enhancements, and version 4 is in its alpha stages. Hello, is in an “odd” position with “fewer” and “low traffic” websites, it does not mean it i… Against all odds, Joomla has managed to have the continued trust of some of the giant business organizations, which is in itself a testimony to the fact that Joomla is still there and it is still relevant. This is great news for Joomla community when we can finally experience the better version of Joomla 4. According to Joomla.org, the final release date of Joomla 4.0 is still determined. I hope they will be heard but that the world community could be consulted for the main needs !? The Joomla! Yes, Joomla is still a good tool. Joomla is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) for publishing web content, developed by Open Source Matters, Inc.It is built on a model–view–controller web application framework that can be used independently of the CMS.. Joomla is written in PHP, uses object-oriented programming techniques (since version 1.5) and software design patterns, stores data in a MySQL, … Because nothing has fundamentally changed. Just like it was in 2019 and 2018. Certainly! For example: This is all we have. Like WordPress and Drupal, Joomla is seeing constant improvement. But that doesn’t seem to be a problem, because they’re defending the decline by claiming that the numbers don’t matter. Ability to build a website with no technical knowledge required: The first time I worked on Joomla, I didn't know how to write the programming languages on which Joomla was built, but I was still able to build a website with it using available Joomla templates and extensions. The percentage of sites made with Joomla decreases and this has consequences. With Joomla you are required to add however. The content of that tag is automatically filled by Joomla such as meta data (title, description, etc.) For Joomla to compete successfully, it must find a niche under-served by WordPress at the higher end of the market. Saving all images inside a Word document [VIDEO] Featured Video: How to change Joomla passwords in the database and make yourself a Super Administrator. Security 7. Hopefully that answers your question, and if you want to yell at us, the comments are open as always. Sort of depends how you define the market, but that's still a lot of websites and they generally come with juicy support contracts. it’d be robust for Joomla to contend with WordPress, however it will provides a rough time to Drupal.Joomla,if it positions itself neatly, will tackle that as its management and joomla web development is much easier than Drupal. Issue tracking platform for the Joomla! At now, Joomla and WordPress are the top two competitors in the market, yet they have their own purpose of using. ​Since the beginning of Joomla era, it is considered to be a prime choice for many developers as well as business website owners. Meanwhile, the most-attacked platforms are WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and Quest. Joomla! And even if Joomla 4 will be launched somewhere this year, it’ll still be mostly the same CMS. Joomla fits perfectly in the middle ground between WordPress and Drupal. For example. Will have to work this out, but it does work and will use the /en coding for English pages once they are all marked for translation. provides capabilities for multiple users with different permission levels to manage (all or a section of) content jQuery is dead. However, this is not easy to setup. They tout that jQuery "has passed its time", or is "no longer relevant". business, real-estate, hotels - booking systems, etc), Custom Extensions Builders (Templates, Components, Modules); and many more…, SO many Joomla templates to select. By Steven Zeegers on March 13, 2020. But do these words hold any truth? There are people who’d be insulted you even asked, whom would answer with a resounding “yes”. Ease of use 3. And you know what, that’s a great question, because: So without further ado, let’s dive right into answering the question. Joomla web development continues to be thought of a decent possibility for making governmental websites. Is Dreamweaver still Relevant in Web Design? @ kalkatr, I propose another solution - try WAMPServer or Uniform Server instead of XAMPP. If you are interested in volunteering please head over to the volunteer portal. Project. http://joomla-and-more.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Drupal is good for the largest corporations and is best in the hands of multiple professionals. I needed to dig quite hard in order to even find a page that references page templates or anything of the sort. Although the company is well ahead of its rivals, it still … Multilingual sites 8. Version 4 of Joomla will add support for the latest technologies and is expected to be released sometime in 2020 - probably the first half of 2020. It helps us making complicated website with extensive web development service. Any ideas about this? In my opinion, Joomla in 2019 is at a high state - being more powerful and stable than ever. To make good websites, you need to understand the code behind the sites. Figure 2: Country of attacked website vs origin of attack — it’s not surprising to see that hackers tend to attack websites within own country. Directories of any type (e.g. Developer Network is a resource for anyone looking to build or maintain software based on the Joomla! Online page builders like Wix are a sensible alternative to WordPress. 33% of Joomla users are still using versions 1 and 2. Let’s start with the most popular myth - Joomla is disappearing from the world of CMS. How to delete an Outlook profile without opening Outlook, Hacking a vulnerable XP box takes a novice pentester 10 minutes, Test your site against click-jacking with Clickjacker.io, WordPress.com’s Recurring Payments solution isn’t very good, JandMore invites you to participate in the “Phishing Challenge”, Saving all images inside a Word document [VIDEO], Every year, new people start on a journey to find a good CMS, and…. If your comment is relevant enough, we will definitely feature your opinion in our next blog. Yes, Joomla will be still relevant, being ranked 4th most widely deployed CMS platform. platform. 1.5 Article headline link, unlink Everything to do with Joomla! The thing that worries me is how buried the documentation is for Joomla. ® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. So Will WordPress Be Relevant in 2018? ​Certainly! If there was something that stopped you from using Joomla in 2019, that feature is probably still there. Even though, Joomla! The main reason Joomla can be called both stable and stale, is that OSM has been expanding their grip on Joomla which has turned it into a product with a very complex enterprise style organization where the numbers of team leads, board members and people with titles that don’t directly contribute to pushing the product forward far outweigh those actually working on the core product. Because it does not support and provide security for versions below than 3.9, therefore, Joomla update is mandatory. Alternatives always create competition, and that's the reason now we have multiple CMS platform except Joomla. The Joomla! However, it is an increasingly competitive market with WordPress dominating the lions' share of the industry. Regarding SEO, out of the box, wordPress 3.x is still miles above Joomla 2.5, but you can … It is also popular in the business-oriented site where 9% option for Joomla. Follow @Cloudways. CMS as it is going through a lean patch. For every George Wilson working on making Joomla the best product possible, there’s at least one or two people with complex job titles who can block progress at any given time, be it through endless meetings or holding back features for who knows what reason. Our answer is a little more nuanced. Translation Hints. That's a statement I've read countless times during the last few years. Yes, Joomla is still a good tool. WordPress hasn’t looked back since its launch in 2003. Joomla fit perfectly between WordPress(noob) - Drupal(expert/enterprise). Why? In general, Wordpress is good for individuals and small companies. Appearance and extensions 4. If it is still running on any version less than Joomla 3, then you should consider updating your website to the latest version as soon as possible. All over the web. name and logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters the trademark holder in the United States and other countries. There are people who’d be insulted you even asked, whom would answer with a resounding “yes”. If wikipedia wants to keep their editors, they have to make them comfortable, which involves not waiting a long time after a modification. For Joomla to compete successfully, it must find a niche under-served by WordPress at the higher end of the market. It is one of the top 3 CMS's. Joomla is the world’ s most popular open source CMS (content management system). IMHO, I think this topic is still relevant to Joomla installation as that was the OP's ultimate goal notwithstanding hitting the roadblock trying to get XAMPP to function. Almost 60% of CMS market shares are holding by WordPress while Joomla is yet so far.However, Joomla offers some distinct benefits, which makes Joomla the 2nd largest CMS platform indeed. The most relevant answers we found from Quora regarding this question. 1. Sure. Re: So Drupal is still relevant, at less than 5% of the market . Joomla’s editing experience is still the same, and if you’re not installing JCE I’m wishing you tons of fun wrestling with the Media Manager. Therefore, it’s possible to change the entire performance and function of a blog with a handful of downloads. It is a great choice among the numerous CMS platforms for building websites /platforms/applications of a wide range. But, "Is Joomla CMS Still Relevant in the Year 2019?" ® About us; Joomla Home ... @anjahage yes this issue is still relevant - and it is a prerequisite for another PR I've in mind (that other PR shall cover the topic of non-standard ports, see comment by @yvesh and my answer).