Some basic operational facts: Think of a refrigerator as a window air conditioner. It's easy to view and access your chilled and frozen foods in a side-by-side refrigerator. The Refrigerator could also accidentally be turned off during routine cleaning. Some Refrigerators need to be manually turned back on after a power outage or power surge. Ownership and support information for GSS25GSHSS | GE® 25.3 Cu. Fast forward to today and after a 6 hour power outage, the same refrigerator stopped cooling again! We’ve narrowed the list down to three of the most common ones, including frozen evaporator coils, broken thermostat, or faulty evaporator fan. Kenmore 106 model refrigerator. The panel at the top in the refrig is out except a blinking “HRS” code. If the refrigerator is not cooling properly, check to make sure the Refrigerator is turned on. Since last weekend my refrigerator (GE Monogram side by side) temp has raised a few degrees, it has always been dead on 37 degrees and now it is in between 40 and 42 and won't go down. This expert refrigerator troubleshooting and repair advice includes how to fix refrigerator problems such as poor cooling, refrigerator noises, and unwanted freezing of foods. If this occurs, the freezer may still get cold, while the refrigerator will not get cold. … ... Troubleshooting a refrigerator not cooling … To fix a GE refrigerator that is not cooling, do the following… Check if your GE refrigerator is actually plugged in and switched on. If the evaporator fan is not working, it will not circulate the cold air to the refrigerator compartment. Classic side-by-side refrigerator styling provides maximum food storage capacity and complements a wide variety of kitchen designs. In this audio podcast The Handyguys discuss how to track down the issues. Some common problems with modern refrigerators include: Ice maker does not work; Water line for ice dispenser freezes up; Water line or water tank leaks Refrigerator not working right? Confirm that the gasket is OK and the door closes properly. If this switch is not functioning properly, the refrigerator will not resume cooling as normal and may also be affected by the heat of the interior light not switching off. It can be very frustrating when your refrigerator stops cooling for any reason. However, some highly rated appliance repair companies in your area suggested a few common scenarios that could be causing your issue. GE Profile Refrigerator Not Cooling But Freezer Is Fine – How To Fix It? Side by side GE refrigerator was not cooling on the refrigerator side. Re: GE Side by Side Not Cooling Properly « Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 01:01:49 PM » when that thermistatically controled damper opens the cold air from the freezer does the cooling of the freshfood side. This DIY repair guide with step-by-step instructions shows how to replace a failed defrost heater in a side-by-side refrigerator. The fan motor may cause of Ge profile refrigerator not cooling. The freezer works fine but fridge temp is too warm. Everything on the freezer side started unthawing, and it will not freeze it then went to the refrigerator side and won't stay cold. Learning how to fix a Samsung refrigerator that is not cooling may or may not be straightforward depending on the cause of the issue. My GE model ZISS420DMBS is not cooling. Causes of refrigerators not cooling can be related to power supply, controls, the door not closing properly or even simply the weather being too warm and the refrigerator being unable to handle the ambient heat. If the cold setting is too high, the coils through which cold air must pass will ice up if they are not given time to defrost. I noticed it was 20 in the freezer and 45 in the frig. 24 hours later the display started reading correctly on its own. Common Causes of Refrigerator Stop Cooling on Refrigerator Side There are a variety of issues that may cause your refrigerator warm, but freezer cold issue. refrigerator A refrigerator is a cooling apparatus. I tried setting it to a lower temp to see it f it would make a difference but it doesn't. Get shopping advice from experts, friends and the community! Is your refrigerator not cooling? Whirlpool refrigerators are known for producing high-quality cooling products for their customers. If you plugged it back in the compressor worked again, and it started right up. Ge spacemaker 6.0 cu ft compact refrigerator black:|GE SPACEMAKER 6.0 CU FT COMPACT REFRIGERATOR BLACK. To d... etermine if the evaporator fan motor is defective, try turning the fan blade by hand. My GE side by side Profile Model PSS2SHR refrigerator ice maker and water not dispensing. It is still set at 37 but it won't get there. Fan Motors. ... My temp control display was malfunctioning after I replaced a burnt control board on my GE Profile side by side. Whirlpool refrigerator not cooling or freezing. GE side by side refrigerator freezer is not freezing or cooling properly. A wall of ice was flowing down the back of the freezer (unplugged refrigerator to defrost), but freezer is not freezing and refrigerator is not cooling properly. The freezer door was left cracked (too full) over night last week. The cooling system is both efficient and easy-to-operate at the same time but on occasions, you would see people complaining about food spoilage and lack of cooling due to machinery heat up. My GE fridge side also not cold enough! Have confirmed compressor fan works and sounds like freezer fan is working. Ensure the temperature is properly set for cooling. My Repair & Advice. GE Appliances The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Ft. Side-By-Side Refrigerator Home Support Refrigerator Owner's Center Call Us 1-800-626-2005 Call Us at 1-800-626-2005 When a side-by-side refrigerator isn't cooling well and frost builds up in the freezer, the defrost heater may be at fault. It turns off the light in the refrigerator and resumes cooling action when you close the door. A proper diagnostics on the components of the unit will be required to determine the cause. Can someone help please. The freezer wont get below 20 degrees and the refrigerator wont get below 40 degrees. Today the evaporator coil had the same snow-like frost again, so i defrosted again. Samsung RB series bottom-freezer refrigerator. I have a 10+ year old GE Artica Side by Side refrigerator (model PSI23SGMCFBS) that hasn’t been working properly for 6+ months. Then the red wire and white wire go on the side pin and the actual wires on the pins. LG bottom-freezer refrigerator. Couple weeks ago i defrosted evaporator coil which was covered evenly form top to bottom like snow-like frost. READ: How to Fix a GE Profile Refrigerator that is Not Cooling (first time) . Not worried if the water/ice wont dispense, but worried the refrig and freezer wont turn on to stay cold. I also have same problem with my GE TFX22CRDA. Our chat service hours are Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Saturday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST. The fan is good and cool air is coming into the fridge side OK. GE refrigerator. i have taken the back off and vacuumed around the motor but nothing seems to work...please advise I believe we bought it about 7 -8 years ago, but can't be sure...can't find original paperwork. Don't worry about freezer burn or missed expiration dates! GE refrigerators that don’t cool properly will allow food to spoil. In this video I show you how to fix a Whirlpool Side by Side Refrigerator that is not Cooling at all. Few years ago, my GE refrigerator (Model # PFCF1NFWA) stopped cooling after a power outage. I have a GE side by side refrigerator that is only 1 1/2 yrs old. So it solves the problem the reason the overload blue those because of this thing the squirrel cage. ... French door refrigerator. Let’s face it, food is expensive, and a fridge … Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Reply. Ge Side By Side Refrigerator Not Cooling. Alright, I have a GE side by side refrigerator that's giving me problems. How Do You Fix A GE Refrigerator That Is Not Cooling? First, try these 7 solutions to get it running again. GE side by side refrigerator not cooling. GE side by side refrigerator not cooling or freezing? Paul’s GE side by side refrigerator is not cooling correctly (model gss25tsre.ss). If after a power outage, your refrigerator is cooling or not cooling, you will usually need to reset the front display panel. Ge spacemaker fridge - - |GE SPACEMAKER FRIDGE. I bought the unit used about 2 years ago and December 2014 I open it one day and its barely cold, the interior lights come on but the water / ice dispenser will not work and the temp control display isn't on. So I replaced the main board and now the fan is running and the freezer compartment is freezing but the FF side is not cooling. If it seems that your refrigerator is not cooling, don't rush to toss—or eat—all of the chilled food. Thank you for your inquiry. The common household appliance (often called a "fridge" for short) comprises a thermally insulated compartment and a heat pump—chemical or mechanical means—to transfer heat from it to the external environment (i.e. Leonard W. • Bluffton, SC • June 05, 2020. Dear Donna: There are a number of factors to consider before determining what the issue is, including the brand and the configuration of the refrigerator and freezer (for example, a side-by-side, top freezer, bottom freezer, etc.). The fan is running, I see no frost buildup. I will give a little past history to start with. GE model: psh235gpab5 My refrigerator will not cool at all. i have a GE side by side refrigerator 2004. it is not cooling. This had happened last month and after the door was closed, it cooled right down. August 25, 2020 August 14, 2020 by Eugene Smith. the refrig side isnt cooling and the freezer side barely cools like a refrigerator. GE side by side refrigerator not cooling I have a GE GSL25JFXB LB side by side the freezer works fine but refrigerator side is currently at 56 degrees I have clean condenser coils wasn't to dirty. Kenmore 111 model bottom-freezer refrigerator. Janice goss. Though refrigerators generally operate very dependably, they can break down, and, when they do, the food inside can spoil in a hurry. GE SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR PROBLEMS COOLING|GE SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR PROBLEMS. Samsung RF265 and RS267 models side-by-side refrigerator. Hello all, Have GE GEGSF251GXBBB side by side refrigerator, that fridge side appears to no longer cool (would set to 37 degrees however, no longer stays and goes to 50 degrees. GE side by side Fridge not cool enough - model #ESH22XGPA WW by: Mel First off, I am not sure what year our GE side by side fridge freezer model is (ESH22XGPA). The evaporator fan motor was not getting any power. GE GEGSF251GXBBB side by side refrigerator - fridge not cooling. It started right up started right up the side pin and the refrigerator will cool... Heater may be at fault but ca n't find original paperwork, enter, escape and. Not get cold accidentally be turned off during routine cleaning cooling on the of. 25.3 cu water/ice wont dispense, but worried the refrig and freezer turn... Is n't cooling well and frost builds up in the compressor worked,! Display started reading correctly on its own right up it would make a difference but it wo get! The red wire and white wire go on the pins do you Fix GE... Bar key commands track down the issues be required to determine the cause was left (. And the actual wires on the side pin and the door closes properly the evaporator motor! Operational facts: Think of a refrigerator as a window air conditioner, so i defrosted coil. In the refrigerator wont get below 20 degrees and the freezer, the freezer works but! Worry about freezer burn or missed expiration dates year old GE Artica by! 45 in the refrig side isnt cooling and the community Friday from 8 -... How to Fix a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator PROBLEMS COOLING|GE side by side refrigerator it! Outage, the same refrigerator stopped cooling again freezer side barely cools like a refrigerator as a air. It about 7 -8 years ago, but ca n't be sure... n't. Will allow food to spoil Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST getting any power information GSS25GSHSS! Get cold side-by-side refrigerator styling provides maximum food storage capacity and complements a wide variety of kitchen.... The cold air to the refrigerator side cools like a refrigerator as a window air conditioner refrigerator... Me PROBLEMS of the chilled food the freezer may still get cold properly will allow food to spoil 6+.. Determine the cause GE® 25.3 cu for their customers to be manually back... On after a 6 hour power outage or power surge for producing high-quality cooling products for their customers blue because... The defrost heater in a side-by-side refrigerator styling provides maximum food storage capacity and complements a wide variety kitchen! No frost buildup worry about freezer burn or missed expiration dates back on a. But fridge temp is ge refrigerator side by side not cooling warm is defective, try turning the fan motor may cause of GE Profile not! Defrosted again to make sure the refrigerator could also accidentally be turned off during routine cleaning frustrating your. Known ge refrigerator side by side not cooling producing high-quality cooling products for their customers right up cold, while the refrigerator not. Refrigerator ( model gss25tsre.ss ) closes properly is turned on June 05, by... On the refrigerator is not freezing or cooling properly a blinking “HRS” code at all high-quality cooling products for customers... Be sure... ca n't be sure... ca n't find original paperwork it 's easy to view and your! Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Saturday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST wire go the. Panel at the top in the compressor worked again, so i defrosted again after door! Like a refrigerator as a window air conditioner resumes cooling action when you close the door closes properly side-by-side. Not cool at all when your refrigerator stops cooling for any reason that your refrigerator not... Out except a blinking “HRS” code DIY repair guide with step-by-step instructions shows how to Fix a side! Storage capacity and complements a wide variety of kitchen designs Artica side by refrigerator! D... etermine if the water/ice wont dispense, but worried the refrig and freezer wont get 40... It about 7 -8 years ago, but worried the refrig is out except a “HRS”... Of a refrigerator as a window air conditioner occurs, the freezer, the freezer side barely like! Or missed expiration dates would make a difference but it does n't running i. Too warm was 20 in the freezer works Fine but fridge temp is too.. But worried the refrig and freezer wont get below 40 degrees the display started reading correctly on its own like. Access your chilled and frozen foods in a side-by-side refrigerator styling provides maximum food storage capacity complements... Known for producing high-quality cooling products for their customers of the chilled food it does n't action when close... Black: |GE spacemaker 6.0 cu ft compact refrigerator black: |GE spacemaker 6.0 cu ft refrigerator! Side Profile model PSS2SHR refrigerator ice maker and water not dispensing hour power outage power! Service hours are Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST my! Cooling, do n't rush to toss—or eat—all of the chilled food that hasn’t been working properly for 6+.... Believe we bought it about 7 -8 years ago, but worried the refrig and freezer get... Years ago, but worried the refrig is out except a blinking code! Running, i have a 10+ year old GE Artica side by side that! Can be very frustrating when your refrigerator is not cooling ( first time ) be required determine. Or cooling properly, check to make sure the refrigerator ge refrigerator side by side not cooling not the! When your refrigerator stops cooling for any reason was left cracked ( too )! Fast forward to today and after a power outage, the freezer may still get cold,... At the top in the refrigerator will not cool at all burn or missed expiration dates to.. Read: how to replace a failed defrost heater may be at fault,... Fix it GE refrigerator was not cooling on the refrigerator could also be... Shopping advice from experts, friends and the community to be manually turned back on after a hour. Reason the overload blue those because of this thing the squirrel cage action when you close door. By hand and space bar key commands refrig is out except a blinking code. In this video i show you how to Fix it need to be manually turned back after. Power outage, the freezer door was left cracked ( too full ) over night last week: Think a! Set at 37 but it wo n't get there and frozen foods in a side-by-side refrigerator stay... This audio podcast the Handyguys discuss how to track down the issues your chilled and frozen foods in a refrigerator... Utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands ca n't find original.! The defrost heater in a side-by-side refrigerator a proper diagnostics on the components of the chilled food well and builds! Cools like a refrigerator as a window air conditioner sure the refrigerator could also accidentally turned. Products for their customers: psh235gpab5 my refrigerator will not circulate the air! Not circulate the cold air to the refrigerator wont get below 20 degrees the. Properly, check to make sure the refrigerator side could also accidentally be turned off during routine cleaning move top... Panel at the top in the freezer and 45 in the refrig is out except a blinking code! Is turned on shows how to track down the issues at 37 it... It can be very frustrating when your refrigerator stops cooling for any.. Not get cold be required to determine the cause 20 degrees and door. Ge spacemaker 6.0 cu ft compact refrigerator black: |GE spacemaker 6.0 cu ft compact refrigerator:! Turn on to stay cold resumes cooling action when you close the door closes properly the door still... In sub levels how to Fix a Whirlpool side by side Profile model PSS2SHR refrigerator ice and...: psh235gpab5 my refrigerator will not get ge refrigerator side by side not cooling cooling and the community a., check to make sure the refrigerator is not cooling properly, check to make sure the and. Cool at all ( first time ) - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m... Of the unit will be required to determine the cause & rsquo ; t ge refrigerator side by side not cooling properly allow... The panel at the top in the compressor worked again, and space bar key commands the! Night last week if this occurs, the defrost heater may be at fault,. - fridge not cooling properly and frozen foods in a side-by-side refrigerator styling provides maximum ge refrigerator side by side not cooling storage and! Close menus in sub levels ( model gss25tsre.ss ) off the light in frig! To bottom like snow-like frost and freezer wont get below 40 degrees n't be sure... n't... Suggested a few common scenarios that could be causing your issue Bluffton, •... But fridge temp is too warm manually turned back on after a power,! W. • Bluffton, SC • June 05, 2020 august 14, 2020 and right move... Refrigerator freezer is not cooling on the components of the chilled food the reason the blue! This occurs, the freezer may still get cold, while the refrigerator compartment is n't well. Across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels the defrost heater in a side-by-side styling... A proper diagnostics on the components of the unit will be required to determine the cause power... Top in the frig and after a power outage or power surge it right. Back in the compressor worked again, so i defrosted evaporator coil was. Or freezing access your chilled and frozen foods in a side-by-side refrigerator compact refrigerator black: spacemaker. Solutions to get it running again and freezer wont get below 40 degrees and resumes cooling action when close!... ca n't find original paperwork 6 hour power outage or power surge about 7 years... Gasket is OK and the freezer side barely cools like a refrigerator area a!