Makes approx 500ml. First, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy, adding more liquid as needed. INGREDIENTS: 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours and drained 1/4 cup light coconut milk Juice of half a lemon 3 Tbsp water 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast 1/2 tsp sea salt 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 capsule vegan probiotics 1 Unlike almond milk, cashews don’t need to be strained through a cheesecloth which in my world is a big plus. My cashew cream recipe varies depending on how I plan to use it. To make savory cashew cream, you’re going to need some cashews. This vegan cashew cream sauce is a delicious addition to any recipe! Salt and garlic are the only spices added to this cashew cream sauce and the only other ingredients! Nutritional yeast is another highly nutritious vegan food found in so many recipes. Douglas G Larson. Nutritional Yeast or Miso – Nutritional yeast adds a nice cheesy flavor, but if you don’t care for it use 1 tablespoon mellow miso for added umami flavor. Freshly-squeezed lemon juice. It’s great because it packs protein, some B vitamins, and some trace minerals. Store leftover sour cream in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The sour cream will continue to thicken in the refrigerator. You can always add a splash of water and give it a stir for a thinner consistency. INGREDIENTS: 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours and drained 1/4 cup light coconut milk Juice of half a lemon 3 Tbsp water 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast 1/2 tsp sea salt 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 capsule vegan probiotics 1 Perfect for mexican! 1 ½ cups cashews, soaked. Cover the bowl with a piece of cheesecloth (or an airtight lid for a quicker culturing). We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. How to make dairy-free sour cream. The mild flavor makes it very versatile. Sea salt. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Non-Dairy Milk or Water: For the liquids, use cashew or almond milk (or your favorite), just be sure it’s unsweetened and plain. *Soak the cashews in water for at least 8 hours (or overnight) so they soften up and are easy to blend. Whether you need a dip for your chips or topping for a Mexican dish, enjoy free of guilt. Let’s take a look at the 3 simple steps involved in creating this dairy-free sour cream. I only have a three gluten free cook books that I use( I have several more that I don’t use). If you try out the queso dip, why not add some Vegan Cashew Sour Cream and salsa on the side to round out your nacho plate.. We are absolutely sure that you will LOVE this Vegan Cashew Queso Dip because it’s the BOMB. And that’s it! Let’s take a look at the 3 simple steps involved in creating this dairy-free sour cream. Soak cashews in filtered water (uncovered) for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight. For a Sweet Cashew Cream: Add a little bit of icing sugar or maple syrup and mix well. To make this cashew cheese recipe, start by boiling the potatoes. Because they are at least 50 cents cheaper per pound than whole cashews, and you’re going to be blending them to … Continue to soak in a cool, dry place for at least 8 hours. HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CASHEW SOUR CREAM. ¾ cup filtered water. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. I will definitely put it on top of my to-do list. September 21, 2018 at 11:24 pm. But sometimes my kids will use it as veggie dip. Second, place cashews in a bowl. The base of the sour cream is made with cashews. The cashew sour cream can be used as a substitute for most of your recipes. It is the only allergy-free homemade sour cream alternative, so nut-free and soy-free. Recipe Index; About; Navigation Search. Cheesy Cashew Nut Sauce or Dip (Vegan & Gluten Free) Tin and Thyme. Let’s do this! Tags: cashew sour cream Dairy-free sour cream. Unfortunately due to the volume, Danielle is not able to answer every question. Hi Danielle, Thanks for the wonderful recipe for cashew sour cream. Almond milk: make sure to use an unsweetened almond milk in this recipe. Soak for 20 minutes. Nutritional Yeast (to taste) Pinch sea salt. ½ tsp garlic powder. It’s wonderful to put a dollop of this on top of savory dishes like chilis, stews or soups. You can use this cashew cream to replace dairy cream. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. Optional (for extra flavour) ½ tsp onion powder. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving, or up to 3 days. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. I don’t really add coconut meat anymore. Add soaked (or boiled) cashews into a high-speed blender. Made with Chex cereal, mini-pretzels, mixed nuts, spices, apple cider vinegar, and more. Like us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest Follow us on Instagram Get RSS Feed. I didn’t tell my husband it was dairy free sour cream and he didn’t even notice, he thought it was delicious. It gives a creamier texture, but I haven’t bought a coconut for a long time and I’m fine with just cashew, water, nutritional yeast, and probiotic. While I find the recipe interesting, there are two factors that impede me. Why sunflower seed sour cream? 1tsp nutritional yeast 1/2cup water 1/4tsp sea salt (never table salt!) When they’re tender, transfer them to a high-speed blender. Tahini. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/272943/vegan-cashew-alfredo-sauce Development by Gossamer Threads. HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CASHEW SOUR CREAM. Transfer the cashew cream into a glass bowl. The Best Cashew Nutritional Yeast Cheese Recipes on Yummly | Easy Vegan Mac And "cheese", Zesty White Bean Dip, Vegan Cashew Nut Cheese Drain and rinse the cashews and add them to a blender. Next, add the soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, unsweetened plain nondairy yogurt, nutritional yeast… If you're using truly raw cashews, you might want to boil them for 1-2 minutes to kill any pathogenic bacteria. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. This will be your go-to dairy-free replacement for any creamy sauce or condiment, like alfredo and sour cream. Many vegan sour cream recipes, and vegan cheese recipes in general, use cashews or other nuts with nutritional yeast and salt. The basic recipe below uses a 2:1 ratio of cashews to water, which yields a texture similar to sour cream or Greek yogurt. 1 ½ cups cashews, soaked. I find that the taste of the cultured cashew “sour cream” if very close to the original sour cream even without adding any nutritional yeast. Then, enjoy! Here’s a good link to check out some more stats of nutritional yeast.You can add this to any recipe to beef up some nutritional stats to say…popcorn or your cashew sour cream. Made with cashews, water, lemon, apple cider vinegar, and a handful of spices, you can likely make this … It’s a spicy cashew cheese sauce. Add the cashews to the blender with the other ingredients. Stir the sour cream after 24 hours and taste. The second time I made it I used it in a cole slaw recipe in place of sour cream and it turned out so good. Cashew are great ingredient for making nut based cheeses and spreads. I usually leave my sour cream in the oven for about 36 hours at 80°F (27°C). Add 1 tbsp nutritional yeast for cheesy cashew sauce. If the sour cream isn't tangy/sour enough for your taste, add some lemon juice. It thickens up when you cook it, it also thickens up when you use it in baking. Next, add the soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, unsweetened plain nondairy yogurt, nutritional yeast… This cashew sour cream is almost too good to be true. Add the fresh ⅓ cup water, lime juice, vinegar, salt, nutritional yeast. Rosemary-Miso Cashew Cream Ingredients . Cashew cream has a texture similar to half and half or even heavy whipping cream depending on how much water you use. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Add the probiotic capsule and stir with a wooden spoon (avoid using metal utensils as metal can react with the probiotics). It’s cheesy tasting, nutty and contains an incredible amount of B vitamins. Nutritional Yeast (to taste) Pinch sea salt. Let’s take a look at the 3 simple steps involved in creating this dairy-free sour cream. Cashews provide the creamy base, and lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and nutritional yeast combine to create the tanginess.. A little sea salt for flavor balance and just enough water for the perfect thickness and you have a perfectly delicious vegan sour cream. After, drain the water. I haven’t but I’d love to hear if it works for you! your own Pins on Pinterest Soak for 20 minutes. The mild flavor makes it very versatile. Hi there! Second, place cashews in a bowl. What a great idea Jennifer! My last cashew sauce staple is this cashew cheese sauce. Because they are at least 50 cents cheaper per pound than whole cashews, and you’re going to be blending them to … Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate Delicious and creamy, this vegan sour cream is sure to delight! I love to drop a dollop in my Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup or Plantain Chip Nachos, or drizzle it over my Chicken Enchiladas and upcoming Stuffed Enchilada Sweet Potatoes. Taste and adjust for seasonings, adding more Sriracha for a spicier cashew cream, more nutritional yeast for cheesy/umami flavors, or more lime juice for acidity. Ingredients. Cashew Sour Cream Recipes. Dairy-free cashew sour cream made with five simple ingredients that’s rich and creamy with a mild flavor. Depending on how hydrated your cashews are, you might need a little more or little less water than 1 cup. Raw cashew pieces, to be precise. Your email address will not be published. I use their cashew queso recipe, but I add a lot of nutritional yeast into the recipe as well. Blend until very smooth. It’s wonderful to put a dollop of this on top of savory dishes like chilis, stews or soups. Nutrition Refined | Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy | Disclaimers | Affiliate Disclosure. The second time I made it I used it in a cole slaw recipe in place of sour cream and it turned out so good. Why pieces? This is my substitute for all those creamed things. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Add the nutritional yeast, garlic, onion powder, cashews, and vinegar, along with water, extra-virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Drain and rinse the cashews and add them to a blender. This dairy free cashew sour cream is a simple dairy alternative for sour cream when you are just really wanting something creamy and slightly sour on your Mexican food or in dips. The trick is to soak the nuts for at 4-8 hours, so they become soft and blend easily in the blender. Tags: easy peasy, healthy choice, high protein, one pot, refined sugar free, soy free, vegan, vegetarian. This plant-based classic sour cream can be used as it is, as a great base for a plant-based mayo or to thicken dressings and sauces. easy peasy. Blend until very smooth. This recipe yields approximately… Nutritional yeast – perfect for enhancing flavour. We also add nutritional yeast. Which is great for vegan mac and cheese. This includes the onion powder, freshly squeezed lemon and nutritional yeast… November 28, 2020. by Claire. You can also use it in cooking. This vegan cheese sauce is made with cashew and nutrition yeast. As you can see, cashew cream sauce can be made plain, sweet, savory, thick, thin, you name it! Add the fresh ⅓ cup water, lime juice, vinegar, salt, nutritional yeast. As you will see below, making cashew cream is as easy as 1-2 (there is no 3). ½ tsp garlic powder. baby spinach, cremini mushrooms, olive oil, salt, firm tofu, salt and 8 more. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. It’s thought it has antioxidant properties, can boost immunity and lower cholesterol. You are welcome to share a photo and link to the recipe from this site, however, re-publishing the recipe in its entirety is strictly forbidden. 1 cup raw cashews; 2 Tablespoons lemon juice; 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar; 1/2 – 3/4 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk or water; pinch of sea salt; Instructions. Making Cashew Cream. Vegan Spinach, Mushroom, and Red Pepper Quiche Yummly. We also like to add a dollop of mustard or nutritional yeast for a more tangy result. It’s as easy as that! These cookies do not store any personal information. I find that the taste of the cultured cashew “sour cream” if very close to the original sour cream even without adding any nutritional yeast… 2 Drain the cashews and place in a blender. Since my desire was to mimic the taste of mayonnaise, I decided to include nutritional yeast, mustard seeds, and garlic powder. All Rights Reserved.Design by Meagan Tidwell. Let’s discuss the ways to use cashew cream sauce. And the less ingredients, the better, in my opinion Reply. Hi Danielle, Thanks for the wonderful recipe for cashew sour cream. Nutritional yeast is the goodness we need to give that cheesy flavor. Whole garlic cloves. I just kind of dump it in there, but I would say at least 5 tablespoons. I have found it is a perfect non-dairy soup base. If it's not tangy enough, cover it, and put it back in the oven. Makes approx 500ml. © 2007-2020 Against All Grain. I’ve talked about my cashew sour cream before. It’s quick and easy, made with 8 healthy ingredients, and ready in under 30 minutes. Plus, cashews have a pretty neutral taste, so it’s easy to spice it up with seasoning. Another important aspect to consider: it is also budget-friendly. Pour the boiling water over the cashews. (The softer the cashews, the smoother the sour cream!) Vegan + gluten-free. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. cashew nuts, English mustard, garlic, black peppercorns, stock and 8 more . This recipe uses nutritional yeast to get the cheesy flavor without a spot of cheese. You only need raw cashews, lemon juice, salt, nutritional yeast, mustard seeds, and garlic powder to make this vegan sour cream or mayonnaise. Feel free to add nutritional yeast if you’d like. 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice (fresh) 2 tsp apple cider vinegar. Second, place cashews in a bowl. Cashew Cream Recipe. This beautifully rich cashew cream is the perfect replacement for heavy cream in recipes. Ingredients: Nutritional yeast is the goodness we need to give that cheesy flavor. You can buy nutritional yeast at most grocery stores including Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. You can also use it in cooking. The first time I ate it all myself… I so love sour cream! If you haven’t used nutritional yeast before, give it a try! Recipe contributed by Joey's Plate Delicious and creamy, this vegan sour cream is sure to delight! By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. in my opinion, a squeeze of lemon, nutritional yeast and onion powder are vital ingredients. Optional (for extra flavour) ½ tsp onion powder. The first time I ate it all myself… I so love sour cream! Place the raw cashews into a container and cover with water until the cashews are just covered. I’ve made it twice now. Put it in the refrigerator for 6 hours to chill. You can also use it as a base for aioli by adding in aromatics such as roasted garlic, spices, herbs and citrus. The most obvious ingredients is cashews, duh.Cashews have taken oven the vegan world and have been used to make everything from sauces to even dessert!. ¾ teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional, gives it a cheese-dairy type flavor) Instructions: Put the cashews in bowl and fill it with enough water to cover them. The main recipe actually comes from this Pinch Of Yum recipe for a vegan crunch wrap. Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. It’s really easy to blend up and cashews have a nice creamy, fatty texture that is similar to dairy. Easy Vegan Mac and "Cheese" Yummly. Start the blender and add water slowly, until the cashews are blending smoothly. I’ll be posting my cream of mushroom soup recipe in a couple of days. The ingredient list for this 5-minute cashew sauce is just as short as the time it take to make! For Sour cream: – If you want to make sour cream then simply add more lemon juice rather than water. It’s naturally soy-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and oil-free! Raw cashew pieces, to be precise. (The culturing time will depend on many factors, such as the temperature in the oven, the temperature in the house, if you're using an airtight lid, how tangy you like your sour cream, etc). Why pieces? Then we’ll nerd out on the health perks! Vegan + gluten-free. The base of the sour cream is made with cashews. It makes a great sub for regular sour cream! Soak for 2 hours. You won’t even be able to tell it’s dairy-free. To be honest … I didn’t tell my husband it was dairy free sour cream and he didn’t even notice, he thought it was delicious. If you're short on time, place the cashews in a heatproof bowl with boiling water and soak for 1 hour, or as long as possible. Transfer the sour cream into a glass jar with an airtight lid. Make cashew sour cream by using 1/2 cup water and adding adding 1-2 tbsp of lemon juice and 1-2 tsp of apple cider vinegar. 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in cool water for 8 hours (or in boiling water for 1 hour ) This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Making Cashew Cream. I usually cook a batch and use it mostly as a pasta cream sauce. It requires just 5 ingredients and is ready in under 30 minutes. If not, I’ll take on the challenge (ha) and report back . If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same, but Danielle Walker's Against all Grain will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you! Recipe Index; About; Search for: share Sour Cream and Onion Snack Mix. It’s super smooth and creamy with a savory, subtly “cheesy,” and tangy flavor. Place the sour cream in oven for about 24-48 hours. The Best Cashew Nutritional Yeast Cheese Recipes on Yummly | Easy Vegan Mac And "cheese", Zesty White Bean Dip, Vegan Cashew Nut Cheese Before you proceed with the recipe, sterilize all your kitchen equipment. 2 cups raw cashews; 1 tablespoon of lemon juice; 1/2 tablespoon of champagne vinegar; Instructions. I agree. I like to use a dishwasher, but regular soap and hot water work just fine. Put the cashews in bowl and fill it with enough water to cover them. Tofu Sour Cream Provides Vegan Protein and Calcium. The Best Vegan Cashew Cream Recipes on Yummly | Raw Vegan Cashew Cream, Homemade Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese, Vegan Cashew Cream I have celiac disease and have been gluten free for six years. Anyway, I now have two of your cook books and I sent one to my sister as well… she has ulcerative colitis too. The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected. Once the cashews are ready, strain the excess water with a strainer. Apple cider vinegar. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us spread our message! You can add nutritional yeast to make a savory “cheesy” vegan cashew cream sauce. I learned to cook in the days of a can of cream of something soup, some butter, sour cream, and milk. All recipes, headnotes, photos, and stories on this site are the original creations and property of Danielle Walker - Against All Grain. Cashews; Water; Lemon juice; Nutritional yeast; Plain nondairy yogurt (optional) Apple cider vinegar; Salt; HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CASHEW SOUR CREAM. www.glutenfreeveganpantry.com/the-best-damn-vegan-sour-cream Add the salt and stir again. I like to use nutritional yeast for cheesiness, smoked paprika for smokiness, and soy sauce for some umami. Drain, rinse. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Water works great too, the cashews are so creamy they don’t really need plant milk. It’s a fact, some foods taste so much better with a dollop of sour cream … I’m curious if you’ve tried fermenting this sour “cream,” and if so, how did it work out? First, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. I’ve made it twice now. This vegan cashew sour cream is a smooth, creamy, tangy spread. You can also use it as a base for aioli by adding in aromatics such as roasted garlic, spices, herbs and citrus. I drizzle this thick cashew cream … Regardless if you're a vegan, you will love this creamy sauce. Cashew Sour Cream. and turning into a thick cream. When the cashews are done soaking, drain the water and rinse the cashews thoroughly. Thanks for creating such healthy delicious recipes and sharing them! To make a healthy and oil-free vegan sour cream at home, simply add some soaked cashews, lemon juice, vinegar and nutritional yeast together with a pinch of salt in a blender and create a smooth and tangy dip within a couple of seconds! Once you have a jar of cashew cream at the ready, you can store it for up to 5 days in the refrigerator as long as the lid is sealed. Dairy-free cashew sour cream made with five simple ingredients. Made with cashews instead of dairy, this vegan sour cream can be used as a topping for any soups, chili, or taco dishes you usually top with sour cream. You can use this cashew cream to replace dairy cream. dairy free, keto friendly, paleo, vegan, whole30, cinco de mayo, Mexican, condiments, ¾ teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional, gives it a cheese-dairy type flavor). Water would likely also work, but I love how it gets super creamy with the addition of almond milk. Pour the boiling water over the cashews. This plant-based classic sour cream can be used as it is, as a great base for a plant-based mayo or to thicken dressings and sauces. After, drain the water. This vegan cashew cream sauce is a delicious addition to any recipe! This will be your go-to dairy-free replacement for any creamy sauce or condiment, like alfredo and sour cream. First, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. I recently found our about you from the article in Experience Life magazine and it has opened up a whole new world for me. I’ve tried a dozen or more times to make a variety of cashew cream recipes and not a single time has it turned out smooth. What’s the secret? https://nutritionrefined.com/yogurt-starter. It couldn’t be easier. Vegan Cashew Sour Cream – “This is Nuts “ Vegan Cashew Sour Cream – A absolute must have for every vegan, but a definite “have to try” for everyone who is curious for new tasts or simply wants to find a healthy alternative to the fatty, mostly full of additives dairy version from the super market. If you haven’t used nutritional yeast before, give it a try! It’s super smooth and creamy with a savory, subtly “cheesy,” and tangy flavor. Cashew Sour Cream. Drain and rinse your cashews … Soak for 2 hours. This combination gives the best variety of flavours. nutritional yeast, tamari, sea salt, black peppercorns, stock and 8 more. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Thanks to cashews boasting strictly 'healthy fats,' we reckon this is about as nutritious as you can get for a sour cream! Making Cashew Cream But if you are wanting a more bland cream to be used in a recipe, you can omit the lemon juice for more of a ‘blank slate’ cream that is closer to a plain dairy cream. 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice (fresh) 2 tsp apple cider vinegar. Danielle Walker's, Against all Grain LLC is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to products Danielle organically uses and trusts. Simple substitutions do not make it an original recipe, so please refrain from adapting the recipes without properly linking back to the original recipe. Make sour cream and onion snack mix! It’s rich, creamy, has a mild flavor which makes it a great sub for regular sour cream in recipes! Cashew are great ingredient for making nut based cheeses and spreads. Feel free to add nutritional yeast if you’d like. Oct 23, 2014 - This Pin was discovered by Shelley. We also add nutritional yeast. Soak cashews in filtered water (uncovered) for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight. Prep: 5 mins . How to get cheesy flavor without the cheese: nutritional yeast! Cashew Sour Cream. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. To make savory cashew cream, you’re going to need some cashews. 1 Soak the cashews in water overnight. The cashew sour cream can be used as a substitute for most of your recipes. The trick is to soak the nuts for at 4-8 hours, so they become soft and blend easily in the blender. ¾ cup filtered water. But there’s one … Here’s a good link to check out some more stats of nutritional yeast.You can add this to any recipe to beef up some nutritional stats to say…popcorn or your cashew sour cream. It’s great because it packs protein, some B vitamins, and some trace minerals. Pour the boiling water over the cashews. I always use this as my base recipe, but looove adding in additional flavors depending on the recipe and the season. Compared to the price of cashews… Want a more neutral-tasting cream – Add less nutritional yeast. This cashew cream is the base for that. If you love dips and would like to try something that turns out so much better than the store-bought version, try our Creamy Roasted Garlic Hummus and indulge. A good blender and making sure the cashews are soaked! I’ll have to try it on Cole Slaw! Discover (and save!) Posted in Sauces & dips.