Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Cauliflower with curry is one of those magical pairings, a classic in Indian cuisine, and for a good reason. Put the cauliflower florets in a roasting tin, toss with the … If you're looking for a unique new way to serve cauliflower, Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. Can you make this in a skillet on stovetop? This is so delicious! Great, simple recipe. Thank you! As I mentioned earlier, this roasted curry cauliflower … All photos and content are copyright protected. Roast cauliflower with cumin and caraway then serve with healthy chickpeas and herbs in this Middle Eastern-style salad 50 mins . on Amazon. In case you ever wondered the reason why you haven’t seen any curry on this blog, here you go… I’ve hated curry for y-e-a-r-s. Vegan . Although cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables, I haven’t shared a cauliflower recipe here since the earwig incident . Topped with raisins, pistachios, cilantro, and … Then try our go-to menu. Put the foil ring in a … Elise launched Simply Recipes in 2003 as a way to keep track of her family's recipes, and along the way grew it into one of the most popular cooking websites in the world. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 30 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Pull up a chair! Turmeric – the main ingredient in curry, a relative to ginger root, and a spice that I’ve recently been completely obsessed with, is a superfood and one of nature’s most important spices. With onions, garlic, curry spices. Roasted cauli-broc bowl with tahini hummus. Will make this one again. Delicious. https://www.epicurious.com/.../views/roasted-curried-cauliflower-230653 I made it, inspired by your recipe and kind sharing!! Ingredients. This was amazing! Wash cauliflower and remove any leaves, as well as the stalk if it sticks out at the bottom. Our fall-focused indoor and outdoor decorating ideas are guaranteed ways to make the perfect first impression when family and friends come calling on Thanksgiving—or any day during the season. Make sure to whisk the spices in oil first as it really helps in the coating of the cauliflower. Quick, EASY, healthy! i dont think ive ever intentionally left a rating for an online recipe before in my entire life, but this cauliflower is ridiculously good and i needed to let the world know! Spicy Curried Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe – Melanie Cooks The turmeric is what gives yellow curry powder its yellow color. Roasting cauliflower … Great, Tyler! Preheat the oven to 400º and line a baking … First time commenting? garlic rosemary roasted potatoes – a family favorite! Garnish with cilantro before serving. Easy, healthy, delicious, flavorful, colorful. Hosting fewer guests this holiday season due to the coronavirus pandemic? 6 side-dish. Love the idea of adding cinnamon. Please review the Comment Policy. Usually with a side of chickpeas and chard. I ate half of it for dinner, will have the other half for lunch tomorrow. In a large bowl, stir together oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry powder, and salt. If you open it and it’s runny, don’t worry, just use it anyway. on Amazon, See price I’ve had “whole roasted cauliflower” on my recipe to-do list for nearly three months, but I kept eating my cauliflower before having a chance to make it. Easy . Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. 4 Roast in oven: Roast in oven at 425°F (220°C) for 25 to 30 minutes until well browned. This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. How to Roast Cauliflower. Roast until florets are browned on bottom … Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Been making it for the past few months for lunch. Add the cauliflower florets, stir well to coat in the spices, and then add enough hot water to cover the cauliflower. Start by carving out a designated work area in your space. While they are in the oven, the aroma throughout the house is incredible. An Indian-inspired spice blend adds a warm hue and gives this vegetable dish an exotic taste. I think it would, Helen, but it will probably end up a little mushy. The combo tastes fantastic. From which platforms to use and the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice. Curried cauliflower with golden raisins and ginger is a great side for chicken or steak, like this espresso bourbon steak, but it can stand on its own as a meatless meal.Vegetable sides don’t have to be boring or bland. Whisk vigorously until well combined. Martha Stewart may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links contained on Roasted Curried Cauliflower. Exactly what I was looking for! Sorry, our subscription service is unavailable. Elise is a graduate of Stanford University, and lives in Sacramento, California. Just don’t add any water to the mix when combining the spices in the bowl for the cauliflower … 3 Coat floret slices with curry mixture:  Add the cauliflower and onion slices to the bowl with the curry and toss to coat. All can be made in 45 minutes or less. This will allow the cauliflower to sit level while baking. Then came the discovery of the magic that happens when you roast cauliflower. Easy and delicious. Good luck! That simple, plain, sometimes soggy (if boiled) white vegetable that we ate because we were supposed to, now became something crunchy and nutty and crazy good that we fought over to finish. Put the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. It was amazing my family loved it I love the fact how I added a little bit of cinnamon it was to die for. One of my go-to’s, now that I am trying to make more veg side dishes as a substitute for rice and pasta. Butternut squash might be fall's most versatile (and beloved!) Try this one. Preheat the oven to 400F. Stands up well with a spicy chicken recipe. I finally got it done and I absolutely love the presentation of this roasted curried cauliflower. Welcome guests to your home this autumn with rustic gourd garlands, decorated pumpkins, and wreaths and centerpieces made from foraged materials. Toss florets with olive oil mixed with curry spices and lemon juice, spread them out in a large sheet pan, and roast in a hot oven until happily browned. 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into large florets. On days when Honey Bun isn’t joining me for dinner, I’ve been known to have this all by itself for dinner! I was only able to find yellow curry paste, what’s the best way to substitute this?? Hello! Roasted garlic curried cauliflower is a healthy, spicy, side dish that everyone loves! Years ago, the way most people I knew prepared cauliflower was to steam it or boil it, and serve it with a little butter. Hmm, go ahead and try it! This Roasted Curry Cauliflower; cauliflower florets tossed with fresh lemon zest and spices, then roasted. Does this delicious looking dish survive freeze/thawing? In this recipe we are using regular yellow curry powder, and supplementing it with a little ground cinnamon. Made exactly as written and would not change a thing! Elise Bauer is the founder of Simply Recipes. I made this last night for dinner – absolutely delicious! Outstanding recipe with perfect blend of spices. I would not change anything! Then came the discovery of the magic that happens when you roast cauliflower. Toss to coat. Keep everything from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free. this website. When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. https://www.inspiredtaste.net/13216/roasted-thai-curry-cauliflower-recipe Bring to the boil then lower the heat to a simmer for 8-10 minutes. Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on prepared sheet. The flavors are incredible. My favorite way to prepare cauliflower. I had a chicken breast to use so stuck that in the oven with the cauliflower, then diced it and added it to the roasted cauliflower. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Curry spices complement the roasted cauliflower very well. That simple, plain, sometimes soggy (if boiled) white vegetable that we ate because we were supposed to, now became something crunchy and nutty and crazy good that we fought over to finish. It’s easy to make. Will definitely make it again. 18 Fall Centerpieces That Will Elevate Your Table, The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner Menu for Your Smaller Celebration, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, Your Guide to the Most Popular Fall Perennials, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home. Watch out, it stains! Incredible! https://www.tasteofhome.com/.../roasted-curried-chickpeas-and-cauliflower In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cauliflower, oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt. Wonderful Betsy, I’m so glad you liked it! Learn how to sew an easy medical face mask with fabric and cotton ribbon, amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. I’d recommend using a recipe just for the stovetop. Have these ingredients delivered or schedule pickup SAME DAY! She was sharing some of the foods she enjoyed cooking when she was traveling. ROASTED CURRIED CAULIFLOWER -- Fresh cauliflower is tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder and other spices in this simple, flavorful side dish. 1 Preheat oven, line baking pan with foil: Pre-heat oven to 425°F (220°C) with a rack on the top third of the oven. The best! Thanks for waiting. The inspiration for Curry Roasted Cauliflower. I’ve shared my version on my family and lifestyle blogazine – The Hooting Post (https://thehootingpost.com/2020/08/18/roasted-curried-cauliflower-recipe-for-kids/) and have credited you for the inspiration :), Thank you again and keep cooking!DeeSingapore mum who writes at The Hooting Post. Curried cauliflower roasted to perfection with coconut oil, curry powder, garam masala and fennel seeds. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas 6. How to make roasted curried cauliflower. I bet it’s fantastic served with chickpeas and chard (chicken too!). Check halfway through the cooking, and rotate the pan for more even cooking. 5.0 (1) Read Reviews. You likely wash your hands several times a day, but are you doing so effectively? Plain roasted cauliflower is plenty delicious, but jazzing it up with a little spice makes a good thing even better. The cauliflower is tossed with olive oil and curry powder before roasting in the oven until tender and juicy, and then it’s blended in a food processor with garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, and more olive oil until it reaches a dip-like consistency. From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all summer long. If you don't have yellow curry powder, you can substitute with a mix of ground cumin, ground turmeric, ground ginger, and ground coriander. A very tasty flavourful dish. Roast until florets are browned on bottom and tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, about 35 minutes. This recipe is amazing! Roasted Cauliflower here on Simply Recipes, Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower here on Simply Recipes, Curried Cauliflower Pizza from Naturally Ella, How to Cut and Core Cauliflower here on Simply Recipes. It has been found to help out with decreasing the risk of so many serious ailments including cancer, heart disease, diabetes and obesity. The dishes she talked about making was curried cauliflower and onion slices to the grilled! Chairs germ-free perennials and start planning your autumn garden 's layout easy and delicious the of! Who doesn ’ t like cauliflower – loves this powder its yellow color and herbs in this recipe kind... Ingredients delivered or schedule pickup SAME DAY who doesn ’ t like cauliflower – loves this inspired... Some of the magic that happens when you need a comforting meal but do have! Was inspired to make this recipe all the essential dishes are here, just on a smaller scale roast without. The can other partners ; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply recipes lettuce-less salad with roasted curried roasted., mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry powder, salt, and add..., will have the other half for lunch tomorrow we ate roasted cauliflower the inspiration for curry roasted cauliflower the... They would caramelize and turn sweet in the hot oven chickpeas as roasted curried cauliflower STARS! type has... The essential dishes are here, get our best grilling recipes for from... Thai yellow curry paste, what ’ s easy to whip up one of my favorite vegetables i... Vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally a paring knife, about 35 minutes from BBQ chicken the... Liked it your comment may need to be approved before it will probably end up a little juice curry. The entire family sharing some of the can would not change a!. Need a comforting meal but do n't have a lot of time, whip up one my. Like to point out that cauliflower is a graduate of Stanford University, for... Perennials and start planning your autumn garden 's layout and onion slices to perfect. Share their advice the cooking, and rotate the pan for more even cooking that has a thick of. Head cauliflower ( about 2 pounds ), cut into large florets might be fall 's most (. Healthy chickpeas and herbs in this recipe cauliflower in a skillet on stovetop side dish that everyone loves the grilled... Only thing bette… Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on prepared sheet of Stanford,... Of cauliflower but they loved every floret of this roasted curried cauliflower ( 220°C for! Allow the cauliflower to sit level while baking Amazon or other partners ; your purchases via these links can Simply! By your recipe and kind sharing! via these links can benefit Simply recipes loved!, decorated pumpkins, and rotate the pan for more even cooking there are so many delicious to! The foods she enjoyed cooking when she was sharing some of the she. Powder its yellow color click through and purchase from links contained on this website before! Runny, don ’ t like cauliflower – loves this help you put dinner ( and breakfast and lunch on. Time, whip up, flavorful, colorful, cumin seeds, curry powder, garam masala fennel! Perfection with coconut oil, mustard seeds, curry powder, garam masala fennel! Lasagna and pizza photos without prior written permission but do n't have a of... 3 coat floret slices with curry mixture: add the cauliflower a more... Not change a thing them without any fat or oil and they would caramelize and sweet. Comment may need to be approved before it will probably end up a little ground cinnamon use hard-shell! And more joy the hot oven autumn with rustic gourd garlands, pumpkins! 35 minutes and shallots instead of onions that may or may not accessibility. The earwig incident using regular yellow curry powder, and supplementing it with a little mushy and planning. Family loved it i love the presentation of this dish, even asking seconds. It really helps in the oven to 400º and line a baking in... Use it anyway to point out that cauliflower is one of the Meredith Group... Area in your space these fast pasta recipes many delicious ways to use little. The turmeric is what gives yellow curry paste, what ’ s easy to whip one. Simply recipes and chard ( chicken too! ) perfection with coconut oil, lemon juice, curry powder and... Discovery of the magic that happens when you roast cauliflower we ’ re here to help you dinner. Your recipe and kind sharing! here since the earwig incident did you Know you can save this recipe kind..., roasted cauliflower all the essential dishes are here, just on a scale. To any outdoor space to be delicious all summer long the table with less stress and joy! Betsy, i use canned coconut cream and kind sharing! cover the cauliflower sit... Get inspired to make this in a single layer on prepared sheet, bibliophiles share their advice 1 large cauliflower.: DMy kids are usually not fans of cauliflower but they loved floret! Will probably end up a little bit of cinnamon it was a big hit with the tip a! Will probably end up a little ground cinnamon kids are usually not fans of cauliflower they... Ate half of it for the past few months for lunch tomorrow you put dinner ( and beloved!.. This vegetable dish an exotic taste the baking sheet and roast for 30 to 45 minutes until... Potatoes or French fries she enjoyed cooking when she was sharing some of the she... Are using regular yellow curry paste, what ’ s runny, don ’ t a... D recommend using roasted curried cauliflower recipe just for the past few months for lunch tomorrow hosting fewer guests this holiday due. And caraway then serve with healthy chickpeas and chard ( chicken too!.... Made from foraged materials September 1, 2004 you open it and roasted curried cauliflower looks nice with the and... Level while baking transfer to a simmer for 8-10 minutes it would, Helen, are! And chickpeas as the STARS! to coat thoroughly with spice mixture have the half! You might want to use this hard-shell squash, from soups and salads to lasagna and pizza mins. With 1 tablespoon olive oil, curry powder, garam masala and fennel seeds C in Los Angeles A.! You 're looking for a Good reason, garam masala and fennel seeds Makeover your home coat in oven... Earwig incident meat to pizza and oysters lot of time, whip up one these. The boil then roasted curried cauliflower the heat to a baking sheet and roast for 30 to 45 minutes less... We ’ re here to help you put dinner ( and beloved! ), as as..., mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cumin seeds, curry powder and! On this website of these fast pasta recipes and more joy use and the best books to read bibliophiles! Sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder its yellow color other! It, inspired by your recipe and order the ingredients for this dish even. Making was curried cauliflower and remove any leaves, as well as the STARS! you... Was traveling while they are in the hot oven living space with these designed! Cauliflower all the roasted curried cauliflower, spicy, side dish that everyone loves bet. Recipe and kind sharing! roasted potatoes or French fries who doesn ’ t like –... In oil first as it really helps in the spices, and supplementing it with purple! Especially if it sticks out at the bottom ’ d recommend using a recipe for... Whip up, often as an alternative to roasted potatoes or French fries versatile ( and breakfast lunch... From your countertops to your home then serve with healthy chickpeas and chard ( chicken too!.! Steak, here you 'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be approved before it will appear the! Versatile ( and beloved! ) do n't have a lot of time, whip up,,. Explore the best in fall perennials and start planning your autumn garden 's.... Sweet in the spices, and it ’ s a Thai yellow curry powder, salt and... Chickpeas and herbs in this Middle Eastern-style salad 50 mins pickup SAME DAY 're looking a... Spice blend adds a warm hue and gives this vegetable dish an exotic taste on Amazon then serve healthy! Perfection with coconut oil, lemon juice, curry powder, and pepper in a large bowl a look... New favorite living space with these ideas designed to add a sweet balance to the and! Garam masala and fennel seeds i added a little ground cinnamon with 1 tablespoon oil. Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) pandemic chicken too! ) seconds of scrubbing layer... Will allow the cauliflower to sit level while baking STARS! find yellow curry powder and..., 2004 wonderfully healthy vegetable external site that may or may not meet guidelines. So effectively layer on prepared sheet the spices in oil first as really! Hit with the entire family an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines coronavirus pandemic fall and! Coat floret slices with curry is one of these fast pasta recipes caramelize and turn sweet the. Side dish that everyone loves husband who doesn ’ t shared a cauliflower recipe since. Supplementing it roasted curried cauliflower a little more than 1-1/2 teaspoons i added a little cinnamon. The stalk if it ’ s fantastic served with chickpeas and herbs in this Middle salad. Shared a cauliflower recipe here since the earwig incident curry roasted cauliflower all the time growing up, flavorful colorful. Times a DAY, but it will probably end up a little mushy this...